March 15, 2012

Feeling Lucky

Hoop art is so much fun. I love that you can quickly change it up for the seasons or special occasion. A few quick changes and the room all of a sudden feels more lucky. A little more green.

Have you tried finger knitting? So addictive. Go here to see how to do it. Gussy Sews has a great tutorial. The little clovers are hanging from a finger knitted garland.



I think this little hoop has to be my fave. Made from a vintage table cloth. To make the pockets, go here to see how. Some pieces of paper cut out in the shape of  a clover. With messages of love for my lovely little family.


At times, the world has a way of eating away at us. Sometimes it's nothing big, just an unkind word or things not going as expected, but those little things can drag us down none the less. I want to create a haven in my home for my little family. A place where despite what the day may bring, they know that they are cherished and loved. A place that is fun and colourful. A place where they feel special and know that they make me feel lucky.

Sharing here:
  Visit thecsiproject.com  
HookingupwithHoH



4 comments:

  1. I think I'm the lucky one to have you for a daughter-in-law!!


    hugs
    dianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! You are so sweet! The kids really got into this. They read their over and over. Smiled. Read each other's and then told me why they feel lucky. I even got a big thank you for making dinner! They're too cute.

      Delete
  2. These are so fun! I have a lot of these hoops just laying around. Very good ideas here. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it! It is fun! Quick and easy too, which I love.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...