March 16, 2012

For the Love of Butter Tarts

Butter tarts. They're a Canadian thing, or so I'm told. The rest of the world doesn't know what they are missing! Since I've had a few people ask for the recipe, I thought I'd share.

Recipe

1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
Pastry for 12 tarts (I use lard and just follow the directions on the box. Lard, in my opinion makes the best pastry. Just ask Andrew, he'll agree! If you don't want to make your own pastry, grab some pre-made shells)

Pour boiling water over raisins and let sit for 10 minutes. Drain. Add raisins, butter, sugar, salt and corn syrup. Stir until the butter is melted and the sugar is disolved. Add egg and vanilla. Fill the tart shells 3/4 full. Bake at 350F for 15 - 20 minutes.


Enjoy! 



Sharing here:
HouseofHepworths

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...