April 24, 2012

I Don't Have a Green Thumb

I don't have a green thumb. Actually, it's worse than that. I'm a plant killer. I can keep a plant alive if it's outside in the ground. Well, sometimes. But inside or in a pot, well, the plant is doomed. It seems that everywhere I turn these days, I spot a terrarium or two or twenty. Even with no green thumb, I thought it would be fun if the kidlywinks and I gave it a go.

We assembled all the materials: containers from the attic and thrift store, plants from the nursery, charcoal from the pet store and rocks from the driveway. For more detailed instructions, go here.

Mr. Man chose one small plant and a couple of dinosaurs to rule the terrain. I love the bright pop of orange. It brings a smile to my face.

Little Miss chose a couple of plants, one being pink of course. So her. A couple of handmade clay guinea pigs have since been added. Sweet. Just like Little Miss. 

The house already feels more alive. I'm hoping that we can keep it that way!

I'm participating in the Planty Party over at the Nesting PlaceThe Nester has compiled quite the few lovely terrariums if you want to see a bunch in one place. They seem quite lovely, eh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...