September 15, 2011

Soapy Mess

An old house is a wonderful thing. But, tiny bathrooms, not so much.

A tiny bathroom means a pedestal sink and no room for a soap dish.
Several soap dishes later, but still nothing fit, and without a soap dish, the soap slides of the side into the sink.

What to do? What to do? Why, make your own soap dish of course! It's quite simple. Find some wire. Mine was left over from some long forgotten project.  I think it's gavalvanized, but I'm not sure and I don't know what guage it is. It was thick enough to do the job, but still easy enough to bend by hand.  And find a piece of pipe, left over from, well, a plumbing project. The pipe is 1.5 inches. To start, simply wind the wire around the pipe a couple of times.

Remove the pipe and continue winding the wire around and around to create a nest.

Success! A soap dish that fits.

Linking up here:

5 comments:

  1. Such a unique idea. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandi. We love it too! I'm so glad I finally found something that would fit.

      Delete
  2. Very creative and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirstie! It really does work. I wasn't sure if it would at the time, but it does!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...