May 14, 2012

Hosting a Mother's Day Tea

On Saturday, Little Miss and I hosted a Mother's Day Tea for the Grandmas. It was a beautiful day, and I think both Grandmothers felt special. But - (Mom and Dianne, if you are reading this, just skip to the next picture) it was really easy to do. A quick trip to the grocery store and a little baking was all that it took. It was all pulled together in a few hours. Shhh......don't tell the Grandmas. Quick and easy - the way I like it, but it was oh so pretty. And I think both Grandmas felt special.

A quick trip to the grocery was in order to grab some fresh ingredients. I had the rest on hand - you probably do too - like flour and sugar and a few other things. What was not quick and easy to find was the devon cream.
Andrew came to the rescue. He hunted it down and came home victorious. A tea party is not a tea party unless you have devon cream with your scones. Well worth the effort. Thanks, Andrew! And just so he wasn't sent on another devon cream hunting session anytime soon, he bought two jars. Two. I guess we will be throwing another tea party soon.


Menu
Salad
Cucumber Sandwiches
Egg Salad Sandwiches
Scones with Jam and Devon Cream
Lemon Squares
Jam Tarts
Chocolate Dipped Crescent Cookies
Tea

Fresh tulips from the grocery store, silver and the good dishes, fancy tea cups and a little flower pin for each Grandma helped to make things special. Oh and the sugar cubes. You can't have a tea party without the sugar cubes, even if no one takes sugar in their tea! I also used a tiny vintage milk jar and a few little espresso cups turned jam holders for the day.
I love labels. (Remember these?) A few little pieces of pink tape and some colourful sharpies and voila! Pretty labels for the jams.

My mom, Little Miss and Andrew's mom about to enjoy an afternoon of tea.

Tomorrow I'll share the yummy recipes.

Sharing here: HookingupwithHoH



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...