November 4, 2011

Front Door

Yesterday was gorgeous. 17 degrees, warm, sunny. It felt more like September than November. It reminded me of our last good stretch of weather when I spent a week painting the deck and the outside of the house. Of course, I ran out of time and sunshine and warmness, leaving me the awnings to paint come spring. For a moment when the sun was brightly shining, I did contemplate painting the awnings, but only for a moment. A freshly painted deck and doors with have to do for now.

Before.
In this picture the deck is painted. Finally. That took forever. Days. The wood around the door is almost painted. The door - not so much.

After.
So much better! I love the dark grey. I have been wanting to paint the doors since we bought this house. I painted the old brass house numbers the same grey. I was going to spray paint them black, but several of the screws were stripped making it impossible to remove the numbers. On to plan B, paint all the numbers beige (the same colour aroung the door) and then paint the face of the numbers grey. I like how it looks.

The side door. No before picture, but it was the same burgandy as the front door. But, thankfully not anymore. I can't wait to paint the awning and railing in the spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...